Friday, April 11, 2014

Herons and more tulip private parts

We had a friend in town yesterday with a bit of free time in the afternoon, so we took him to Duke Gardens. I was at the gardens about two weeks ago with some other friends, and we had the surprising privilege of watching a heron stab and devour a fish from the koi pond. We saw a heron yesterday too, and moments after I aimed my camera at it, in the blink of an eye, it flew into the water and snarfed down a fish. So to all you herons out there reading this, Duke Gardens is the place to be right now.

Catch it
Silence it
Swallow it




Because I'm in the habit, I couldn't resist taking more photos of tulip private parts. Seems like a pollinator would have to be pretty obtuse not to hone in on these things.






We have lots of pollen at home too, judging by the cat's head.


No comments: